Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's Working

I feel so proud of myself...maybe it's the idea of making my list and physically writing something down, but we have started reading and praying in the morning! My kids actually look forward to this (they haven't discovered the joys of sleeping in, as of yet...maybe when they are closer to the teenage years!). They love holding their own Book of Mormon and they love finding the one that has their name on it before we begin. Tyler loves reading his paragraph :-)

I told Brad, "Look, if we read one page a day (which is just about all my kids can handle), we will be done in about 2 years!" Oh well, at least we're doing what we have been counseled, and we're spending a few minutes together before the day starts. I think it's a great thing!

Now we just have to fit a family night (FHE) in our week somewhere :-)

As for school...I really enjoyed the reading this week. I didn't know what to expect from this class, but I found myself reading parts of the statistics to my husband because I thought they were so interesting! I thought the most interesting fact was that people have a higher chance of staying married if they do NOT live together first! Surprising! Everyone (it seems like) lives together before they are married. Along with that, I thought it was interesting that the average age of getting married has moved from about 20-21 to 26-27...because of all those people living together. :-) A lot of interesting stuff...wonder what else we will read?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenni,

    We enjoyed the school picture of Tyler. My kids love seeing your kids. Glad family prayer and scripture study are going so well! Sounds like your little family is doing great.

    ReplyDelete