Sunday, November 29, 2015

My Poor Baby!!

Cruz got a HORRIBLE rash all over his entire body.  It started out on his stomach. and spread to every inch of him by the end of the day.  He was lethargic and grumpy, no wonder!

I ended up taking him to the doctor, who worried because of the bruising that was popping up around his upper thighs and belly button.  He told me it could be either Leukemia (which we had to do a blood test to rule out), meningitis (if he started puking later that night, I was to get him to the ER immediately), or possibly Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP).  Ack! 

Luckily, Leukemia blood tests came back negative and no throwing up occurred!  I figured I would have a blue and purple speckled baby for the next month or two.  After 3 days of rash, much swelling, some bruising, and lots of snuggling, it all disappeared! It was like the rash, which started out as small round marks, got wider and wider, turning into a bull's eye, and eventually spread off the skin!

I ended up deciding this was a really bad reaction to a mosquito bite! Hives are common for people who react badly to bug bites.  I think Cruz just had a really extreme reaction!  When he gets mosquito bites, I joke that he swells up to look like Quasi Modo.  He normally has golf ball sized lumps where ever those little bugs got him :-(  I am grateful this ended up being a simple thing and that our little guy was OK in the end.

(Since this has happened, I have done Energy Healing on Cruz and now he has hardly any reaction to mosquitoes at all!!  Thank goodness for Simply Healed!!)




Bruising on upper thighs...





This was two days after we went to the doctor.  The spots faded a lot and the rash started spreading out, until it rolled off his body!

No comments:

Post a Comment