Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It Grew!

We got a gift from a friend who was moving back to the mainland... a slimy, little, fat, Waipio tadpole.  We were instructed to feed it boiled lettuce.  We were diligent and after about 2 months...it was ready to be re-introduced back into it's natural habitat!  It had grown into a frog!!  
 It was so fun to watch!  I was amazed that it actually turned into a frog!  (All the tadpoles I had as a kid ended up dumped out of my nasty bucket, dead, in the backyard.  Not on purpose, I just didn't know the secret...BOILED LETTUCE!  Who knew!?!)

We took Mr. Frog back to a pond at the nature park.
 The release was intense.

 We continued to watch our beloved frog in it's natural habitat for another few minutes.  We (finally) felt that this one would make it!  Happy news for my counter!  It was ready to be cleared of the frog cage!

No comments:

Post a Comment